The ‘go-getter’ mindset!
Students' Corner | 23-Jan-2017
By IC Desk @ Deeksha
We have the strength to take on any challenge that comes our way and that’s because of the ‘go-getter’ in us!
So, what does it take to be a go-getter? Simple, it’s our mindset.
As students, we notice this often - while some of our friends may bounce back with renewed vigour after failing a test, others may throw their hands in the air and not care.
It’s all about having the right mindset!
Research proves that the greater desire to see improvement in any field, the higher is the effort, consequently leading to tangible improvement.
Here are some tips which could help us build a ‘go-getter’ mindset:
- View challenges as opportunities
- Replace the word ‘failing’ with the word ‘learning’.
- Stop seeking approval: When we look externally, we forget to realise our inner potential and become people-pleasers.
- Place effort before talent: Talent without effort is as good as being non-existent.
- Make a new goal for every goal accomplished: We’ll never be done learning. Growth-minded people know how to constantly create new goals to keep them motivated.
‘Believe in yourself. Know that you can achieve whatever you put your mind to. Be a go – getter.’
Leave a Comment