Things to do if you have scored low in class X
After 10th | 19-May-2016
By Sunila Menon
After a year of hard work, lakhs of students had a sigh of relief with the declaration of SSLC results on 16th May, 2016. Some have scored high, some average and some low.
Students with average and low scores generally have to face challenges related to admissions, choice of courses etc. Does scoring average or low end everything? Not at all! Here are few tips for surviving low marks in class X.
- Breathe: When you don’t score as per your expectations, you might feel like a punch in the gut. Just BREATHE. This will increase blood flow and also regain your focus.
- Recover: The ability to handle disappointments positively is a talent. Consider this as an opportunity to develop your skills.
- Talk: Chat with your friend. Let your parents know what kind of help you require. If possible, talk to expert counsellors who can guide you in this regard.
- Research: For PU admission, consider opportunities realistically. Along with pursuing PU, you can start preparing for competitive exams like JEE-Main, JEE-Advanced, CET and NEET. For this, you need to find an institute that offers both. Understand your interest in a particular profession and start your preparation accordingly.
- Eat, Drink & Exercise: There are many who binge eating when they are frustrated. Eat light, include more fibres in the diet and drink lot of fluids. Remember a well-hydrated body helps reduce stress. Try yoga, exercise and pranayama to relax your mind and boy.
- Indulge in a hobby: Enjoy! Read new books, go for movies, play your favourite sports, listen to music and don’t let the low scores keep you down.
Leave a Comment