Things to know about NEET Phase 2 (2016)
NEET | 02-Jun-2016
By Sunila Menon
Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) will be conducting the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) Phase 2 on 24th July, 2016 for all medical applicants. Students who were not able to register for AIPMT/NEET phase 1, held on 1st May, 2016 can apply for the Phase 2. Even those who appeared for Phase 1 can also apply for Phase 2, but the score they got in Phase 1 will be cancelled.
Here are few things that aspirants must know about NEET Phase 2(2016).
- Results of both NEET (Phase 1 & 2) will be out on August 17th, 2016. The results will help in admission to about 30,000 MBBS and BDS seats under the category of 15% All India Quotas, NRI Quota seats in all the Private Dental/Medical colleges.
- The eligibility criteria for NEET Phase 2 are: Nationality: Indian and Overseas Citizens of India.
- Aspirants should complete 17 years as on 31st December, 2016. For students falling under general category, age limit is 25 years and for SC/ST and OBC students, it is 30 years.
- Number of questions: 180
- Distribution of subjects and marks: Physics- 45, Chemistry- 45, Botany-45 and Zoology-45
- 1 negative marking for each wrong answer and for a correct answer student scores 4 marks
Online registrations for the examination have already started from May 26, 2016. If you are one of the aspirants then, HURRY as no other mode is available for submitting applications. To enhance your NEET preparation, join Deeksha and get trained by experienced faculties. Admissions Open!
The information shared in the blog is really more informative. the tips given are helpful for student attending NEET.thank you for the blog.
Leave a Comment