MOTHER TERESA PU COLLEGE, MYSURU
Located in Mysore, Mother Teresa PU College, Member of Deeksha understands that Pre University education is unique in many ways. Not only it is a stepping stone for any professional course a student may choose to opt in the future, but the limited time it provides for preparation for multiple examinations makes it a challenge and causes stress for many. Hence imparting education at this level does not confine only to the syllabi but includes highly diversified contents of competitive entrance exams like JEE Advanced, JEE Main, CET and NEET.
The campus in partnership with Deeksha has developed a system which focuses on the academic success and overall development of every student in the programme. To fulfil this responsibility, Mother Teresa PU College has inducted teachers who are not only highly competent and well-versed in their respective subjects, but also those who have passion for teaching with humility. The campus also makes parents an integral part of the education process. When it comes to the future of the student, the college leaves no stone unturned. For potential performers, special classes are organized for boosting their performance. For underachievers, remedial classes are taken to bring them at par with the others. Regular counselling is undertaken to ensure that students should not feel immense pressure. The college also organizes various extra-curricular, sports and literary fests to groom the managerial and organising skills of the students.
Academic Achievements of Mother Teresa PU College
- The first batch of Class XII students passed out in March 2013 after having secured top scores in board and competitive exams.
- 13 of the 16 class XII students from Deeksha qualified for the prestigious KVPY scholarship. One among them was Master Rohit, from Mother Teresa PU College, Mysore.
- Mother Teresa PU College was in the top 1 % in Second PU Board exam conducted by PU Board in 2013
- 5 students were selected by INSPIRE offering Rs. 80,000 per annum for 5 years towards their education from Government of India
- In the science stream, Anusha A (584/600) stood first in Campus
- Sheethal C has secured centum in three subjects i.e Physics, Chemistry and Comp.Science
- 66 Students achieved distinctions in science stream
- 84 Students got First class in science stream
- Ananya G Bhat, Niranjanathejaswi S, Akash Sharma, Rakshith R Gore, Yoganjaneya M, Sheethal C H, Sristi J Shetty were the CET Medical Toppers of 2014
- U Chinthan Maiya, Rakshith R Gore, Ananya G Bhat, Meghana K, Divya D Kularni, Niranjanathejaswi S, Anjana R, Ranjan P, Sushruth N, Aditi Rao S, Sheethal CH were the CET Engineering Toppers of 2014
- 17 students qualified for JEE Main
- There were 3 COMED-K toppers from Mother Teresa PU College
- 20 students attained score in JEE Main 2014-15 results
- 79 students attained rank in CET (Engineering), 2015
- 15 students achieved rank in CET (Medical), 2015
- 2 students got rank in COMEDK (Engineering), 2015
- 2 students attained rank in JEE Advanced result 2014-15
Non Academic Achievements of Mother Teresa PU College
- Master Ashik. C Kumar of 12 participated in 2 international WORLD ROLLER SKATING CHAMPIONSHIP Oostende, Belgium 2013:
- Flanders Grand Prix Open from 16 to 18 August 2013
- World Inline Roller skating from 22 to 31 August 2013
- Mother Teresa PU College also hosted the district level sports competition this year 2013
- Master Sharan. R Shetty of 12 was selected for chess and participated in the state level and got the runner’s place in 2014 Dec , Mohammad Fardeen got selected for the state level sports.
- Mohammed Fardeen of PU-11 has been selected in the state-level volleyball team. Dattatreya of PU-11 has won the Bronze Medal in High Jump in the recent competitions organised by the PU Board at Taluk Level. First year Keerthi is now all set to represent Karnataka in Wrestling.
- 2015 Commerce stream takes pride in launching and implementing the Commerce Lab, which was inaugurated by ACP of Mysuru, Kavitha
Mother Teresa PU College has a team of dedicated and passionate faculty who are experienced in handling the syllabus of both Pre University as well as competitive exams. The Junior and Senior faculty assigned to the respective subjects are well qualified, experienced and committed to deliver results. They also ensure to make a personal connect with the students so the students are encouraged to open up and discuss their doubts without hesitation.
- Counselling Cell
Deeksha, Srirampura, Mysuru,
Mother Teresa PU College
#29, Block no. 18,
Srirampura Main Road,
Mysore – 570023.
Our results speak for itself. The rigorous programmes that we run have produced top ranking students in different competitive exams (both engineering and medical). Well-planned teaching methodologies, expert faculty and exceptional facilities provided have been the reasons for our consistent success.
- We achieved 302 centums and 1055 distinctions. Deekshaites have made us Proud by Scoring High in PU.
- 4 Deekshaites were among the Top 10 scorers in CET (2015). Among the four toppers, 2 students achieved top ranks in Engineering, 1 in Medical and other 1 in Architecture.
- In 2015, over 300 students from Deeksha qualified for JEE-Main. Devansh Sharma was the topper by achieving 305 score.
- 19 KVPY qualifiers in 2016